Inclusion and Psychological Safety
Resources used in the Masterclass:
In Diverse Company resources:
- What is Psychological Safety? – https://youtu.be/SfTtDNPf5fY
- How can Psychological Safety and Inclusion drive business performance and innovation? – https://youtu.be/bHV35GjlEUE
- What is the importance of leaders sharing their uniqueness and expressing vulnerability? – https://youtu.be/5TFY8uX5sPk
- Oops, I made a mistake! Now what? – https://www.indiversecompany.com/made-a-mistake
- Nurturing inclusion at an individual and team level – https://www.indiversecompany.com/nurturing-inclusion
- Think inclusion, think kindness – https://www.indiversecompany.com/think-inclusion-think-kindness/
- Edmondson, A. C. (2018). The Fearless Organization.
- Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace – Harvard Business Review podcast – Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace (hbr.org)
- Building a psychologically safe workplace – TEDx talk – Building a psychologically safe workplace | Amy Edmondson | TEDxHGSE – YouTube
- The five keys to a successful Google team – re:Work – The five keys to a successful Google team (rework.withgoogle.com)
The relationship between psychological safety and inclusive organisations has been studied from a research perspective with findings suggesting that psychologically safe environments contribute to healthier, more productive, and inclusive teams. Psychological safety is a crucial source of value creation in organisations operating in a complex, ever-changing environment. Leaders can unleash individual and collective talent by fostering a psychologically safe climate where employees feel free to contribute ideas, share information, and report mistakes (Edmondson, 2019).
In this masterclass, we provided an introduction to the key concepts that underpin inclusion and psychological safety and demonstrate how psychological safety can contribute to more inclusive organisations through research evidence and our applied practical expertise. We also ran a workshop on ‘how to cultivate a psychologically safe work environment’ to provide all participants a platform to apply the learnings as a group, as well as ask questions to our facilitators.
- Develop awareness and understanding of the key concepts that underpin inclusion and psychological safety.
- Develop an understanding of how psychological safety can contribute to more inclusive organisations.
- Acquisition of practical knowledge and solutions that can be applied to your role within an organisation.
Best suited for: People working in the areas of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Learning and Development, Organisational development, HR and Coaching will find the masterclass beneficial. The masterclass was also of interest to CEOs and senior leaders who want to foster psychologically safe environments and understand how this can contribute to developing inclusive organisations.
Lloyd brings nearly twenty years of experience in the media industry, having led diverse teams and ad-vertising campaigns for global brands. He has worked with a wide range of public and private sector clients ranging from LEGO, Headspace and AkzoNobel to the Home Office and Highways England. He has since embarked on a second career in Psychology, with a focus on building diverse and equitable societies and workplaces. At IDC, he facilitates EDI training programmes on anti-racism and inclusive leadership, in addition to leading on EDI research and project management.
- Go to occurrence page
- Sep 08 2022
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.