Stress, Mindfulness & Motivation at Work
- What is Psychological Safety? – https://youtu.be/SfTtDNPf5fY
- Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life – Steven Hayes
During our work with one of our clients, our team came across the following quote: “You can’t conquer what you don’t confront”.
This stuck with us: not only because it resonated with us, but also because some of the more recent & powerful approaches to working with stress follow this exact philosophy. Core to these approaches is the idea of accepting our experiences with openness & curiosity, and without judgment, evaluation, preconception, or interpretation. This is at the very heart of mindfulness.
In this session, we will explore the underlying biology of stress, some practical approaches to applying the essence of mindfulness to navigate difficult thoughts & emotions and linking all this to motivation and purpose. This will enable employees to enhance productivity by managing workplace & personal stressors.
- A deeper understanding of stress from an evolutionary & biological perspective
- A new framework to think about coping and resilience
- Practical, non-“meditation” based techniques of applying mindfulness and related principles to stressful situations both within and outside the workplace
Best suited for: Employees seeking to explore and learn new ways to relate to and work with challenging thoughts & emotions at work or otherwise.