Intersectionality in the workplace
The session is at 1 pm GMT / 6:30 pm IST.
Intersectionality is a critical framework that explores how identities and meanings of race, class, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, disability, or age interact and shape people’s lived realities (Collins, 2015). The research on impact of intersectionality within the workplace illustrates the importance of developing EDI strategies and initiatives through an intersectional lens.
In this masterclass, we will provide an overview of the key concepts underpinning intersectionality and demonstrate how it can contribute to more inclusive organisations. Our delivery will combine research evidence in this area and our applied practical expertise.
The second section of the masterclass will be a workshop on ‘how to cultivate an inclusive workplace through intersectionality’. All delegates will be split into breakout groups and will be provided with practical examples to help facilitate constructive debate and discussion. At the end of the workshop, each breakout group will share a summary of their key discussion points before proceeding to the final section of the masterclass which will be a Q & A session.
- Build awareness of the key concepts that underpin intersectionality
- Understand how intersectionality can contribute to more inclusive organisations
- Acquire practical knowledge and solutions for utilising these concepts to create an inclusive organisation
- People working in the areas of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Learning and Development, Organisational Development, HR and Coaching
- CEOs and senior leaders who want to develop knowledge of intersecting forms of inequalities, how to reduce discrimination and drive change
Lloyd brings nearly twenty years of experience in the media industry, having led diverse teams and ad-vertising campaigns for global brands. He has worked with a wide range of public and private sector clients ranging from LEGO, Headspace and AkzoNobel to the Home Office and Highways England. He has since embarked on a second career in Psychology, with a focus on building diverse and equitable societies and workplaces. At IDC, he facilitates EDI training programmes on anti-racism and inclusive leadership, in addition to leading on EDI research and project management.
- Go to occurrence page
- Feb 23 2023
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm