Empathy in Action
Link to resources used in the Masterclass:
- What is Empathy? – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnHDwPocH64
- Exploring empathy in practice – https://www.indiversecompany.com/exploring-empathy-in-practice
- How to be an empathetic leader? – https://www.indiversecompany.com/how-to-be-an-empathetic-leader/
Empathy is the ability to experience and relate to the thoughts, emotions, or experiences of others. In the workplace, empathy can show deep respect for co-workers and show that you care, as opposed to just going by rules and regulations, thus creating a safe and secure environment for the employees
This masterclass session guided the participants towards starting to understand and deploy empathy in the workplace. Our Empathy in Action masterclass helped provide not only an understanding of empathy, but also ways to convey and express it to contribute to greater inclusion in the workplace.
- Understand what empathy is and what it is not
- Discover the science behind and benefits of empathy
- Examine the connection between active listening and empathy
- Practice active listening
- Reflect on your own ways of practicing empathy
Takeaway: An understanding of empathy, active listening and a self-directed method of practicing empathy at work.
Manasi BharatiSenior Psychology Consultant
- Go to occurrence page
- Jul 28 2022
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.