Cultivating a growth mindset
In Diverse Company resources:
- What is a Growth Mindset? – https://youtu.be/Gb_eF73GgSY
- How to ‘grow’ your intelligence? – https://www.indiversecompany.com/how-to-grow-your-intelligence/
- How changing your self-talk and switching your mindset can help build resilience – https://www.indiversecompany.com/ching-your-mindset-can-help-build-resilience/
- Carol Dweck Developing a growth mindset talk – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiiEeMN7vbQ
- Mindset works website – https://www.mindsetworks.com/science/
- Carol Dweck’s book Mindset – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindset-Psychology-Carol-S-Dweck/dp/0345472322/ref=asc_df_0345472322/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=499252476918&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12625124553480705731&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9044975&hvtargid=pla-423142297401&psc=1
- Growth mindset leadership series – https://neuroleadership.com/your-brain-at-work/growth-mindset-culture-master-class
Decades ago, “growth mindset” was a specialised term for a topic explored primarily by psychologists. Initially, Dr. Carol Dweck and her colleagues were interested in students’ attitudes to failure. After studying the behaviour of thousands of children they noticed that some students rebounded from failure while other students seemed devastated by even the smallest setbacks. From this research, Dr. Dweck realised that students’ mindset (the beliefs they held about their abilities) played a significant role in how they dealt with challenges and setbacks.
Since then, it has been discovered that this difference in mindset is not found just among children and that its significance is not limited to education. In fact, it has been found that our mindset shapes our mental world and influences our capacity to learn, develop, create, lead and succeed.
In this session, we will explore the growth mindset phenomenon and dispel some of the myths surrounding it. We will bring to light the link between mindset and equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) and discuss why having a growth mindset is important. The session will also provide you with an opportunity to assess your own mindset and how it affects your life. Finally, we will co-create some practical strategies to help you adopt a growth mindset regularly.
- A deeper understanding of the growth mindset phenomenon; what it is and what it isn’t
- Recognition of the link between mindset and ED&I
- Awareness of your own mindset and how it affects your life
- Practical strategies to adopt a growth mindset regularly
Best suited for: Those seeking to gain a deeper understanding of the growth mindset phenomenon and wanting to learn how you can benefit from having a growth mindset in various areas of life.
Martha Da-Costa SherwoodSenior Consultant, In Diverse Company
- Go to occurrence page
- Nov 30 2022
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.